Lake Health’s Breast Center, with support from LH/UH Seidman Cancer Center, has received accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, of the American College of Surgeons, for showing a firm commitment to offering every significant advantage to its patients battling against breast disease.
“As the only accredited breast center in Lake County, women in Lake County and surrounding communities can rest assured that they are getting the highest level of breast care available,” said Cynthia Moore-Hardy, FACHE, president and CEO of Lake Health. “Our multidisciplinary team offers a patient- and family-centered approach to the management of breast cancer and breast health and is committed to meeting the diverse needs of our patients and their families.”
Lake Health’s Breast Center provides comprehensive care and advanced options for treating patients with breast cancer including seven different physical locations with mammography. These options include:
- Digital mammography at the Mentor Campus
- Minimally invasive core breast biopsies with stereotactic, MRI and ultrasound guidance
- Breast MRI
- Breast ultrasound
- A breast health navigator available to coordinate services and lead patients and families making their way through the health care system
- Weekly multidisciplinary breast conferences
- A monthly support group for breast cancer patients
Radiation therapy (including Mammosite), chemotherapy, and immunotherapy are provided to patients through the Lake Health/University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center.
Being treated at a center that is fully accredited by the NAPBC ensures access to:
- Comprehensive treatment, to include a full range of state-of-the-art services
- A multidisciplinary approach by a team to coordinate an individual’s best treatment options
- The latest news of ongoing clinical trials and advances in treatment options
As part of the accreditation process, a center needs to prove it complies with all of the standards set by the NAPBC for treating the entire spectrum of breast cancer. Included in these standards is proficiency in center leadership, community outreach, clinical management, professional education, research, and improvement of the quality of care.
For more information on National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, please visit the following link: www.napbc-breast.org.
- About Us
- Our Doctors
- Quality Care
- Our History
- Nurses & Administrative Staff
- Phone Directory
- Driving Directions
Fundraising efforts throughout the year help LH/UH Seidman Cancer Center continue to carry out our mission to provide world-class cancer care and oncology services to residents within driving distance of Mentor and Lake County.