You don’t have to drive far from Lake or Geauga counties to receive high quality cancer treatment. Here at Lake Health/University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center, located on the Lake Health Mentor Campus, we offer advanced, cutting-edge diagnostic technologies. We also have advanced teleradiology, which allows us to send your detailed high-resolution images, which can be very large, between hospitals at high speeds. As a result, your doctor can receive your images much faster and see them in greater detail.
Lake Health offers the following imaging services:
- CT (Computed Tomography) imaging, which uses multiple X-rays to scan
- PET/CT scans, which combine both Positron Emission Tomography and Computed Tomography technologies to gather information about anatomy and function
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) scans, for building 3-D images using magnetic waves
- Image-guided core breast biopsies
- Ultrasound scans, which use sound waves
- Bone densitometry (DEXA) scans, for measuring bone density
Lake Health has radiologic technologists who are very experienced and certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Many of the radiologic technologists have obtained an advanced certification in select specialty areas, including MRI, Mammography, CT Scans, Nuclear Medicine, and Ultrasound.
- Patients & Families
- Our Specialties
- Diagnostics & Screening
- Patient Services
- Patient Resources
Fundraising efforts throughout the year help LH/UH Seidman Cancer Center continue to carry out our mission to provide world-class cancer care and oncology services to residents within driving distance of Mentor and Lake County.